Child Custody & Shared Parenting

Child Custody, Shared Parenting & Visitation Lawyer near Columbus, Ohio

Custody and visitation matters are the most important legal issues to any parent. It is vital that your parental rights are protected so that you can enjoy rich and meaningful relationship with your children and keep the conflict with the other parent to a minimum. At Obenour Legal Group, LLC the child custody lawyer in Columbus, Ohio will make sure you are provided the best possible legal representation.

Our Columbus child support lawyer protects our clients’ parental rights. Obenour Legal Group’s experienced child custody lawyer in Columbus, Ohio works to develop custody and shared parenting outcomes that enable clients to have the structure and support they need to be great parents.


Our Columbus Child Custody, Visitation and Support Lawyer often Represent Clients for:

  • Custody for Unmarried Parents
  • Child custody proceedings
  • Joint custody and shared parenting plans
  • Child visitation and parenting time
  • Modifications of Custody and Child Support
  • Relocation out of State
  • Establishing Legal Paternity


How Our Columbus Child Custody and Visitation Lawyer Can Help You

We represent you. Our child visitation attorney in Worthington wants to understand your situation, your children’s needs, and your goals for your family. Once we know who you are and what your needs are, then we recommend a legal strategy and a practical course of action designed to achieve them.

Ideally, Columbus child custody attorney prefer to negotiate with the other party to reach fair and workable custody and visitation arrangements. It minimizes legal costs and reduces stress and emotional tensions between the parents- which benefits you and your children. It can also establish a positive framework for future dealings with the other parent. Most children do better when they see their parents cooperating on matters relating to them.

However, sometimes there are situations where the other parent has harmed the child or is unreasonable in their demands. Then, our child custody lawyers have the full ability to involve the courts and we can file for:

  • An emergency custody order to remove your child from a custodian who endangers your child.
  • An order against any party that is trying to take the child out of state without your consent.
  • Supervised visitation if the other parent is unwilling to act responsibly with your children during their time.
  • Drug testing of the other parent so that you can rest assured that your child is not being exposed to an inappropriate environment.
  • Psychological assessments to give the court a complete understanding of the other parent’s mental health and how it affects parenting.

Whether you are considering immediate legal action like the examples above, or just want to tweak an existing child custody and shared parenting agreement to reflect a changing reality, our Columbus child custody lawyer can help. When necessary, we aggressively litigate to achieve your goals and protect your rights. We will do everything we can to preserve and enhance your precious relationship with your children and help provide you with a practical solution that will keep the peace. Free Consultation ➜


Grandparent and Relative Custody & Visitation:

How do I get custody of my grandchild, niece, or nephew in foster care?

You can seek physical custody of the child in foster care by either asking the court to award you temporary or long-term custody, or by asking the child protection agency to place the child in your home. Either way, you and every adult in your household will have to complete a background check and your home will be investigated by the child protection agency, guardian ad litem, or both. Our Worthington child custody lawyer has experience helping grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and other family members and friends obtain custody of a child that has been placed in foster care and is happy to assist in that process. Schedule a free consultation today.

Do grandparents have the right to visit grandchildren?

Grandparents have the right to ask for visitation, subject to a best interest determination by the court, under limited circumstances. If the child was born to an unmarried mother, or if one of the child’s parents has died, or if the child is the subject of a divorce proceeding a grandparent or other family member may ask for a visitation order. The court may grant reasonable visitation if it finds the visitation to be in the child’s best interest.

How do I make sure my grandchildren are safe if my child is using drugs?

If you are concerned that your grandchildren are not properly cared for because your son or daughter is abusing drugs you have a number of options. You could report suspected child abuse or neglect to your county child protection agency. You could also file directly with the court and ask to be awarded custody of the child because the parent is unfit. Our Worthington child custody lawyer can help you determine the best course of action and represent your interests in court.


Call (614) 678-8848 for Compassionate & Effective Representation

Do you need a Columbus child visitation lawyer to resolve your complex child custody dispute? Contact Us Now To Begin Speaking With a Columbus Child Custody Attorney.

Don’t hesitate to learn more about how we can protect your rights.
Contact our Columbus family law firm today!

Call to Schedule your
Consultation Today!

(614) 678-8848



(614) 678-8848   Office

(614) 678-8859   Fax


This website provides general information about The Obenour Legal Group, LLC for the convenience of visitors to the website. The site and the content within it are not intended to establish and their use does not establish an attorney-client relationship between The Obenour Legal Group, LLC and any visitor. Information on the site is not legal advice. Do not send confidential information to any of our lawyer without first obtaining specific authorization. Statements on this website of prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.