Columbus Asset Protection Lawyer Shielding Business and Personal Assets
Asset protection planning can be extremely valuable for professions that may be at high risk for personal liability (such as physicians, attorneys and business owners), as well as those with significant personal or professional holdings.
The goal of asset protection planning, is to protect your assets from taxation and liability claims such as:
- Personal liability for a business (for corporate officers and directors)
- Liability as a guarantor for the debts of another
- Liability arising from personal malfeasance
- Suits by former business partners
- Professional malpractice liability
- Claims of personal injury suffered on personal or business property
- Claims of personal injury involving a car accident
Your Personal and Business Asset Protection Strategy
Attorneys Hannah Botkin-Doty & Abbie Obenour have broad experience designing strategies to protect wealth. We review your assets, your business structure, business practices, risk factors, and goals. We will advise you on options for shielding your assets and the advantages or disadvantages of business and trust planning.
Asset protection plan tools include:
- Limited liability companies and limited partnership
- Legal exemptions
- Retirement accounts
- Insurance, including key person insurance and additional liability insurance
In addition to asset protection planning, we can assist with funding your asset protection plan.
In order to maximize the effectiveness of your asset protection plan, our firm coordinates its services with your Certified Public Accountant, insurance professional and wealth management advisor to assure that all plans (legal and financial) are integrated to optimize tax benefits and legal protections.
If you are ready to speak with an attorney about your estate plan, contact us. Your initial consultation is completely free.