Elder & Special Needs
Elder and Special Needs Legal Counsel
Ohioans with special needs and the elderly need specialized legal counsel to obtain and protect the highest quality of life. We focus on elder law and special needs law, and offer holistic advice addressing a broad range of issues.
From an office located in Worthington, Ohio, the lawyers at The Law Firm of Doty and Obenour LLC assist families with elder law and special needs issues. Our firm offers a caring approach and skilled representation. Clients work directly with our attorneys. We are responsive and available when families face difficult questions.
We assist families at many stages of life. A middle-aged sister may need to locate a new housing option for her disabled brother. New parents may worry about providing for their disabled child and choose to set up a special needs trust as part of their estate plan. These are just a few of the issues that we handle. We listen carefully to the needs of clients to spot issues and find resolutions.
Our practice is devoted to helping families with special needs and aging issues. We handle the following:
- Estate planning, including advance directives that address medical decision making
- Estate administration and probate after the death of a loved one
- Guardianship and Conservatorship proceedings
- Medicaid planning
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (offers basic consumer information)
- Central Ohio Area Agency on Aging
- Ohio Medicaid Long-Term Care programs
To get more detailed and individualized information, email us or call 614-678-8848 to schedule a meeting. Flexible appointments are available.