Guidance through the entire adoption process.
Adoption is the process through which a child and parent or parents form a legal parent-child relationship that did not exist before. Most adoptions happen before the child reaches age 18, but Ohio law also allows for adults to be adopted under certain circumstances.
- Stepparent and relative adoptions
- Private infant placement – domestic
- Private infant placement – interstate
- Infant placement through a private agency
- Adoption from a public child welfare agency
- Prospective adoptive parents
- Prospective birth parents – both mothers and fathers
- Relatives seeking adoption of children or adults
- Assistance with the federal and Ohio adoption tax credits
- Negotiating favorable adoption subsidies for children with special needs
- Strategies for connecting with birth parents or choosing adoptive parents
We understand that the process can appear daunting but, like most every profession, experience provides wisdom. We are a law firm of two female lawyers. We are located across High Street from The Shops at Worthington Place in Worthington Ohio.
This website provides general information about The Law Firm of Doty and Obenour LLC for the convenience of visitors to the website. The site and the content within it are not intended to establish and their use does not establish an attorney-client relationship between The Law Firm of Doty and Obenour LLC and any visitor. Information on the site is not legal advice. Do not send confidential information to any of our lawyers without first obtaining specific authorization. Statements on this website of prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.